Al-Nisr: talking by satellite with pirates
“An official from the IGP&L (International Group of P&I Clubs) which is coordinating action between the pirates and the insurance company, arrived in Riyadh on March 8 to discuss matters with the Jeddah-based International Bunkering Company (IBCO) which owns the Saudi product tanker Al-Nisr Al-Saudi. ”Somali pirates who hijacked the Saudi ship Al-Nisr Al-Saudi on March 1 have said they will not harm the vessel's crew. The shipping company had established contact with the pirates through satellite communication
International Group of P&I Clubs,
American Steamship Owners Mutual Protection and Indemnity Association, Inc
* Skuld Mutual Protection and Indemnity Association (Bermuda) Ltd.
Gard P&I (Bermuda) Ltd.
* Assuranceforeningen Gard
The Britannia Steam Ship Insurance Association Limited
The Japan Ship Owners' Mutual Protection & Indemnity Association
The London Steam-Ship Owners' Mutual Insurance Association Limited
The North of England Protecting & Indemnity Association Limited
The Shipowners' Mutual Protection & Indemnity Association (Luxembourg)
The Standard Steamship Owners’ Protection & Indemnity Association (Bermuda) Limited
* The Standard Steamship Owners’ Protection and Indemnity Association (Europe) Ltd.
* The Standard Steamship Owners’ Protection and Indemnity Association (London) Ltd.
* The Standard Steamship Owners’ Protection and Indemnity Association (Asia) Ltd.
- A reinsured subsidiary association
The Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association (Bermuda) Limited
* The Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association Ltd.
The Swedish Club
United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association (Bermuda) Limited
* United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association (Europe) Ltd.
The West of England Ship Owners Mutual Insurance Association (Luxembourg)
The scope of cover available from P&I Clubs are detailed in their individual rulebooks, but generally, this comprises:
* Injury, illness and death of crew, passengers and stevedores.
* Repatriation of crew and substitute expenses.
* Diversion and other expenses incurred in landing refugees, sick persons and stowaways.
* Collision liability.
* Excess collision liability.
* Pollution by oil or other substances.
* Property damage.
* Towage contract liabilities, and liability under other contracts and indemnities.
* a Cargo loss, shortage and damage.
* Unrecoverable general average contributions.
* Salvor's expenses under the 1980 Lloyd's Standard Form of Salvage Agreement.
* Fines, certain legal and other costs.
* Wreck removal.
* Excess War Risks liability.
The Sri Lankans are Jacob Xavier, Venis Robinson Parceloan, Hewa Pathage Ranga Jayasinghe, Wijemuni Elmo, Ansalam Soyza, Selvarasa Rajavel, Balakrishnan Jayarajan, Robert Joseph, Kanagasabapathy Thusyananthan, Arumai Sekeram, Basil Rajah, Lakshmikanthan Gajenthiran , Arockiasamy Pillai, Britto Lawrence, Saverimuttu Atputharajah and Rajagopal Jeyakumar.
The ship’s captains is Georgios Skalimis, a Greek.